|Natural Alternatives for Your Total Health
Hello, and welcome to this edition edition of my Natural Alternatives Newsletter!
I hope you will enjoy reading this issue.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a favor and pay it forward!
If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please
subscribe by visiting my web site.
“The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well.” ~Hippocrates
IN THIS ISSUE:
1) TOP 10 CANCER CAUSING FOODS: UNDERSTANDING WHAT CAUSES CANCER
2) EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
3) TREATING CATARACTS NATURALLY
4) The Power of Kitchen Medicine: Food Wisdom for Your Digestive Health, Longevity & Healing.
1) TOP 10 CANCER CAUSING FOODS: UNDERSTANDING WHAT CAUSES CANCER
by Ty Bollinger
You know the seriousness of cancer. You know the toll it takes mentally, emotionally, financially, spiritually, and physically. It causes stress in your own mind and body as well as in your relationships with friends and family. Cancer treatments can make it hard to do the things you’ve always done as a human being, a parent, or an employee.
There’s nothing in your daily existence that cancer doesn’t touch. It’s an exhausting villain to fight and it wipes you out in so many ways that are hard to explain to people who haven’t felt the impact of this horrific disease in their own lives.
What if I told you there was something you could do right now to cut your cancer risk in half? That’s right, in half!
If you knew there was a way to prevent cancer from ever invading your life and turning it upside down… would you do it?
People talk a lot about “cures” in the health industry but there’s a saying you probably heard from your grandparents that makes a lot more sense…
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
At The Truth About Cancer we talk a lot about what causes cancer, and the foods that fight cancer and lower your cancer risk. Now I’m going to talk to you about known, scientifically proven, cancer causing foods that actively increase the chance that you’ll be diagnosed with cancer in your lifetime.
There are cases where it strikes quickly but it is more common when cancerous tumors manifest after years of specific habits. Good examples of this are
smoking, exposure to radiation (i.e. from cellphones), and overexposure to ultraviolet rays, which result in lung cancer, brain cancer, and skin cancer, respectively.
Experts estimate that more than half the cases of cancer are preventable with lifestyle changes.
In 2012, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported more than 14 million new cases of cancer… which resulted in more than 8.2 million deathsworldwide. They expect these numbers to skyrocket over the next twenty years by a whopping 70% globally!
The top 5 most-diagnosed cancers in men: lung, prostate, colon/colorectal, stomach, and liver.
The top 5 most-diagnosed cancers in women: breast, colon/colorectal, lung, cervix, and stomach.
I point this out because you’ll note that several of the most common (and aggressive) cancers have to do with your gastrointestinal system. The function of your body that processes the food you eat, distributes
it around your body as needed, and does its best to dump the leftover toxins.
That makes it a major area of your daily life that dramatically affects your prevention – and ultimately your survival – of cancer. The food and beverages you consume, the fuel your body uses to fight disease, is critical to your overall well-being.
Some foods are worse for you than others and are increasing your risk of many conditions and diseases. While cancer is one of the worst, regularly eating the cancer causing foods in our top ten list can also lead to heart disease, diabetes, chronic inflammation, and so much more.
What Causes Cancer?
Understanding possible causes of cancer comes down to understanding the causes of gene and DNA mutations. Chemicals (like carcinogens), radiation, obesity, hormones, chronic inflammation, smoking, viruses, and a number of other factors have been found to be cancer causing.
an interview with Bob Wright from the American Anti-Cancer Institute for my The Quest For The Cures docu-series, I asked him what causes cancer in cells. His reply was that “Cancer is caused by chemicals and radiation. You can explode that out to many different types of chemicals whether it’s what you put in your body, what you breath, what you eat, radiation from all sources − women from mammograms, from CT scans, from your cell phones, your cell towers, your Wi-Fi. Cancer is caused by chemicals and radiation, period.”
If Bob is correct that the primary causes for cancer are chemicals and radiation, then both of these factors can be greatly reduced through the food and lifestyle choices that you make.
Top 10 Cancer Causing Foods to Cut Your Cancer Risk in Half
1. Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs): The rapidly growing industry of genetically modified crops are infiltrating our food supply at an alarming rate. More than 90%
of our corn and soy are now genetically modified. This fairly new practice is the source of many debates. Experts agree that adequate testing was not done before GMO foods were added to the ingredient listing of thousands of products. In other words, no one – including the growers and manufacturers of GMO foods – knows the long-term effect they will have on human health. Look for GMO-free labels whenever possible or buy organic (which always means a product is not genetically modified).
2. Microwave Popcorn: From the chemically-lined bag to the actual contents, microwave popcorn is at the center of lung cancer debates around the world. Not only are the kernels and oil likely GMO (which the manufacturer does not have to disclose) unless organic, the fumes released from artificial butter flavoring contain diacetyl, which is toxic to humans. Make your own organic popcorn the old-fashioned way – it tastes better, doesn’t release toxic fumes, and is a healthier
choice for you.
3. Canned Goods: Most cans are lined with a product called bisphenol-A (BPA), which has been shown to genetically alter the brain cells of rats. Many plastic goods, thermal paper, water lines, and many dental composites also contain BPA. Help protect your DNA by sticking to fresh or frozen vegetables that have no added ingredients for your family’s table! These are better for you and available year-round.
4. Grilled Red Meat: While grilled food can taste delicious, scientists have discovered that preparing meats in this way – especially processed meats like hot dogs – releases a carcinogen called heterocyclic aromatic amines. When you grill red meat to the point of well-done, it changes the chemical and molecular structure of the meat. You’re better off baking, broiling, or preparing meat in a skillet than on the grill.
5. Refined Sugar: The biggest cancer causing food (by far) is high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS)
and other refined sugars. Even brown sugar is highly refined white sugar with some of the removed molasses added back in for flavor and color. Refined sugars (and foods made with them) are the source of major insulin spikes and feed the growth of cancer cells. Since the majority of the sugar supply in the U.S. is made using genetically modified (GMO) sugar beets, a healthier option is organic honey, coconut sugar, or maple sugar. Now that oncologists are using diabetes medication to fight cancer cells, there’s no doubt (finally) that those mutated cancer cells love sugar.
6. Salted, Pickled, and Smoked Foods: These products typically contain preservatives, such as nitrates, which are intended to prolong shelf life. The additives used in processed foods can accumulate in your body over time. Eventually, such toxins cause damage at the cellular level and lead to diseases like cancer. When smoked foods are cooked at high temperatures, the nitrates are converted
to the much more dangerous nitrites. (Note: By pickled foods we don’t mean the fermented foods you make at home.)
7. Soda and Carbonated Beverages: Sodas have been at the center of the health debate for two decades as a major cancer causing food. Filled with high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS), dyes, and a host of other chemicals, they are very bad for every aspect of your health. They provide zero nutritional value and rob your body of the nutrients you get from other foods. Adding “diet” to the label means you’re also likely consuming aspartame – which is no better than rat poison to human cells.
8. White Flour: When flour is refined, all nutritional value is removed. Then it’s bleached with chlorine gas to make it more appealing to consumers. The glycemic index for white flour is very high – meaning it spikes your insulin levels without providing nutritional fuel. Carbohydrates are converted to sugars by your body, so excessive products that
contain white flour can lead to increased insulin resistance. Simple sugars (like refined carbohydrates) are the preferred fuel source for cancer.
9. Farmed Fish: Commercial fish farming involves raising an incredible number of fish (such as salmon), in a crowded environment. More than 60% of the salmon consumed in the United States comes from a farming operation where they are treated with antibiotics, pesticides, and other carcinogenic chemicals to try and control the bacterial, viral, and parasitic outbreaks that result from cramming so many fish in a small space. Farmed fish also don’t have as much omega-3 as wild salmon.
10. Hydrogenated Oils: Vegetable oils are chemically extracted from their source, chemically treated, and more chemicals are added to change the smell and taste. They’re packed with unhealthy omega-6 fats (that Americans already consume way too much of) and have been proven to alter the structure of our cell membranes.
4 Steps to Help Prevent Cancer
In addition to the 10 foods listed above, also be sure to avoid any food labeled as “diet,” “light,” or “fat-free.” In order to remove fat or natural calories, they are replaced with chemicals that are dangerous to your body.
Instead of consuming food products that manufacturers claim is “good for you” – follow these four anti-cancer diet tips to prevent cancer the easy way:
1. Eat organic whenever possible.
2. Choose raw or clean frozen if availability of fresh product isn’t good in your area.
3. Fill half your plate each meal with non-starchy vegetables. If you eat animal products, make sure they’re pastured and grass-fed meats and dairy goods (including eggs). Use only high quality oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, or grass-fed butter.
4. Cut back drastically on grains and sugars.
Not only will eliminating these foods lower
your cancer risk, you’re going to feel (and look) better from the inside out. Now that you know what the top cancer causing foods are, what are you going to do about their presence in your kitchen and your daily eating plan?
2) EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT KETOSIS
by Dr. Edward Group DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
Ketosis is a metabolic state in which your body uses fat, rather than sugar, for energy. Your body shifts into ketosis when your blood sugar is low, and the glycogen in your muscles has been depleted. Typically, this happens when you eat a low carb diet or fast from food altogether for a prolonged period. Ketosis is usually heralded as a fast and effective way to lose body fat. Research suggests that ketosis may positively affect health in other ways, as well.
How Does Ketosis Work?
Normally, your body is
powered by sugar from carbohydrates, a macronutrient. However, if you drastically limit your intake of carbs, your body will tap into its sugar reserves, called glycogen. Once those are used up, a process that takes about three days, your liver begins to metabolize fat. This process is known as ketogenesis, and it produces ketones. Ketones are byproducts of fat metabolism that your body can use as an alternative form of energy.One technical side note—some components of your body require a very small amount of sugar, but your body can produce that small amount of sugar by itself in a process called gluconeogenesis.
The Ketogenic Diet
For your body to shift into ketosis, you must consume almost no carbohydrates. There are a couple of ways to limit your carb intake. One is through various types of fasting; another is by following a ketogenic diet.
The ketogenic diet is high in fat (70-80% of your daily calorie intake), low in
protein (15-20%), and very low in carbohydrates (5-10% with no more than 20-30 grams of carbs per day). There are different variations of the ketogenic diet, but, in general, it consists of low carb vegetables like leafy greens (not starchy vegetables like potatoes and corn) and healthy sources of fat and protein like nuts, seeds, avocados, and olive oil. Depending on preference and dietary restrictions, some people consume eggs, meat, and fish.
How to Tell If You’re in Ketosis
A few telltale signs that your body is in ketosis include a rebound in energy and a lack of appetite. If you need a more definite answer, there are a couple of ways to determine if your body is in ketosis and to what degree. Urine test strips are the most common. They’re widely available and are color-coded to measure the presence of ketones in urine. Tests have also been developed to detect ketosis through exhaled breath.
Health Benefits of
Ketosis and the Ketogenic Diet
There are many health benefits of following a ketogenic diet. Putting your body into a state of ketosis may help with neurological disorders and sensory disturbances, abnormal cell development, and even recovery from spinal cord injury. Most often, though, ketosis is praised for its beneficial effects on weight loss, blood sugar, and overall well-being.
Ketosis and Weight Loss
Because the ketogenic diet causes the body to burn stored body fat, it is effective for promoting weight loss.A 2008 study that was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that overweight men who followed a ketogenic diet for a month lost, on average, 12 pounds. Many people in ketosis develop healthier cholesterol levels, too.
Ketosis and Blood Sugar
The ketogenic diet restricts the consumption of sugar, and it’s a helpful way to manage blood sugar levels.In
fact, many of the benefits of ketosis and the ketogenic diet are directly or indirectly related to reduced sugar intake.
Persons with type 1 diabetes may be susceptible to ketoacidosis, a potentially serious condition in which the acidity of the blood increases, and should not follow a ketogenic diet or seek ketosis without approval and observation from their trusted natural health care professional.
Ketosis and Healthy Aging
The ketogenic diet can help slow and soften the effects of aging by promoting longevity and strength. Some research even suggests that it improves risk factors for some age-related health conditions.
Ketosis and Brain Health
According to researchers at the Mayo Clinic, a low carb diet supports normal cognitive function. Animal studies suggest that the ketogenic diet may be helpful for neurodegenerative diseases. This is because ketosis protects neurons from
oxidative damage in the neocortex, the wrinkled, folded outer layer of the brain. Damage to this area is a characteristic of neurodegenerative diseases.
Ketosis and the Immune System
According to researchers at Yale School of Medicine, ketones support normal immune system function. In an animal study, researchers found that hypersensitivity to allergens was significantly reduced when ketone levels were elevated. Additionally, the diet stimulates the body’s immune cell recycling process to clear out old, worn out cells and make room for fresh, new, robust immune cells.
Are There Side Effects of Ketosis?
It’s important to note that as ketones are produced, the acidity of the blood also increases. For most people, this isn’t an issue. For some people, like those with type 1 diabetes who don’t produce insulin, it can lead to ketoacidosis, a serious condition that can prove fatal. Ketoacidosis can also
occur in people with type 2 diabetes, although it is much less common.
Ketosis is an individual experience that can be difficult to begin but the rewards are tremendous. The first two or three days are regarded as the hardest since you’re not eating sugar, but your body hasn’t yet entered ketosis. As a result, most people report feeling hungry, tired, irritable, and slow. Once ketosis kicks in, and they start burning fat, their physical energy and mental clarity return. It’s tough but the juice is worth the squeeze.
3) TREATING CATARACTS NATURALLY
By Jacob Teitelbaum, MD
Feeling like your vision has gotten cloudy as you've aged? Though cataract surgery can be helpful in some, cataracts can often be prevented and treated — naturally.
lens of the eye, which is what allows us to focus, is filled with a clear protein containing liquid. If the proteins in the liquid start to denature, they become cloudy. This can cause vision to get cloudy.
Cataracts can be small and present at birth, occur (rarely) after eye injuries, and most often occur as people age — being hastened sometimes by diabetes or high blood pressure. The radiation/ultraviolet light increase seen at high altitudes can also increase risk.
Cataracts are not dangerous, but can impair vision. Let's look at prevention and treatment.
PREVENTION & TREATMENT
Optimizing antioxidant, zinc, and vitamin B2 intake (e.g., with the Energy Revitalization System vitamin powder) and avoiding excess sugar can help protect the lens in your eyes by preventing the denaturing of the proteins in them.
Once the cataracts begin, I would recommend (in addition to the above):
1. Vitamin A (25,000-50,000 units a day). Use actual vitamin A and not beta carotene for this. This is a high dose, and should not be used in children, people with severe liver disease, or women who might get pregnant (can cause birth defects) — folks who usually do not have cataracts anyway. One ophthalmologist jokingly complained that his cataract surgery income dropped by 2/3 when he started adding the vitamin A.
2. N- acetyl carnosine eyedrops (available as a product called "Can-C") used twice daily.
3. Bilberry (80 to 160 milligrams of a standardized 25% extract three times daily), and the
4. Chinese herbal mix Hachimijiogan (offered as "Clinical Nutrients for the Eyes," by Phytopharmica). Try three tablets daily.
If the cataracts are still problematic after 6-12 months of these treatments, surgery is very reasonable. Unlike most surgery, if the cataracts are bothering you to where you think
that you eventually will need the surgery (after using the above treatments), I would do the surgery sooner rather than waiting. It is simple surgery and can markedly improve vision. So if you are going to do the surgery, why put up with poor vision while waiting.
Source: Psychology Today
4) The Power of Kitchen Medicine: Food Wisdom for Your Digestive Health, Longevity & Healing
Food is the primary source of our rejuvenation, purification, regulation, balance, strength, and healing for every aspect of our mind, body, and spirit.
Yet we often don’t realize how important this “daily medicine” is until we’re slammed with fatigue, emotional imbalances, sleep disturbances, skin issues, blood sugar imbalances, a weak immune system, or even disease.
Painful as they are, these “wake-up” symptoms can lead us back to the importance of great nutrition AND digestive health, which is
key to our overall wellbeing and longevity.
On Wednesday, January 31, acupuncturist and natural medicine pioneer Tamara Wolfson will help you discover how to optimize your digestive health to strengthen your overall wellbeing, heal your body, and support your system as you age, in a complimentary virtual event, The Power of Kitchen Medicine: Food Wisdom for Your Digestive Health, Longevity & Healing.
Registration for this online mini-workshop is f.ree, so
reserve your space now
During this healing hour, you’ll discover:
The 3 keys to activating, strengthening, and improving your sense of wellness
How supporting your digestive health can heal your skin, balance your emotions, strengthen your immune system, regulate your blood sugar, and help you lose weight
How to make food choices that align with the seasonal needs and energetics of your body
medicinal effects food flavors have on your body
Adaptogenic herbs and foods that can help you transform your health
How supporting your gut microbiome is the key to optimizing your jing, qi, and shen (the 3 treasures in Chinese Medicine for creating longevity)
Tamara has spent over two decades teaching others how to incorporate recipes and make lifestyle changes to support eating the best foods possible for optimal health –– according to seasonal changes, personal constitution, health challenges, and the symptoms of aging.
Let her share with you her secrets for supporting your digestive health, healing your body, and optimizing your system!
RSVP for f.ree Now!
VISIT THE NATURAL HEALTH STORE
Please visit the Health Store for organic health foods, vitamins, supplements, beauty products and more.
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!
Thank you for reading.
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
P.S. If you have a comment or suggestion, just reply to this e-mail.
Your feedback is important to me.
Meditation Audio Tracks : br> Wire Your Mind For More Money,
For Living Your Best Life, Abundant Health;
47 SIMPLE HERBAL REMEDIES
Learn how to take care of your health naturally, without harmful drugs.
FUNDAMENTALS OF AROMATHERAPY Ckeck Out the Aromahead Institute and learn everything you need to know to begin creating natural remedies, skin and home care products!
100 Healthy Raw Snacks And Treats
SILVA LIFE SYSTEM: Freedom from Disease,
Recession-Proof Wealth, and a Life Awakened to Your Purpose! Download your F.ree Training Program Now or Get a Home Study Course.
HEAL WITH QI GONG
‘T’AI CHI For Life, Health and Fitness’, the unique, time-tested way to improve your long-term health, fitness and flexibility in less than 10 minutes per day! Start experiencing the joys of T’ai Chi today.
PURE REIKI MASTERY
Binaural Beats With Brainwave Entrainment.
AURICULOTHERAPY: Imagine how your life could change for the better.if you could melt away pain, high blood pressure, excess w.eight, alcohol or drug addiction,diabetes, insomnia, and 350 disease doing nothing more than touching your ear! This could be the answer you’ve been looking for to help you reclaim your life from chronic ailments!
Learn How to Safely Remove Moles, Warts and Skin Tags Naturally< /a>
TINNITUS MIRACLE: The only clinically proven 5-step holistic system for curing and preventing Tinnitus (ringing in the ear) permanently.
LOSE 45lbs IN 30
WHY 97% OF ALL DIEATS FAIL: End your struggle with weight forever!
GET ACNE FREE IN 3 DAYS!
Get Your Personalized no Charge Numerology Reading
NATURAL HEALTH STORE
Offers selected alternative products for women’s and man’s health.
Check it out!
IMPROVE YOUR EYESIGHT NATURALLY
BIOFEEDBACK COMPUTER GAME: A JOURNEY TO WILD DIVINE
The WILD DIVINE is the world's first "INNER-ACTIVE" video game made specifically for people on a spiritual path that incorporates "biofeedback" directly into the game. Wearing three finger sensors that track your body's heart rate variability and skin conductance, you move through enchanting and
mystical landscapes using the power of your thoughts, feelings, breath and awareness.
This is an incredible new tool for self-improvement and wellness! And an excellent gift for the holiday season. Start the Journey to Wild Divine NOW!
Start the Journey to Wild Divine NOW!
Oxy-Powder will help melt away and eliminate the compaction from the small intestine, large intestine and colon, safe and effectively. This is important because a clean intestinal tract is the beginning of obtaining optimal health. It will also provide oxygen directly into the bloodstream. 120 Vegetarian Capsules.
Buy Oxy-Powder Here!
FIVE SECRET TIBETAN REJUVENATION RITES
Five Secret Tibetan Exercises to tone your muscles and supercharge your energy centers.
the clock and rejuvenate your body!
DOU YOU WANT TO BUILD AN EFFECTIVE WEB SITE?
I highly recommend Site Build It! If you wish to start a serious new business on the Net or just to build a second income stream, this product will exceed your expectations. SBI! Builds sites that WORK for ANY Small Business!
Find out more here!
Your privacy is important to me. I will never sell or share
your e-mail address with anybody.
This newsletter is for educational purposes only.
It is your right to educate yourself in health and medical knowledge,
to seek helpful information and make use of it for your own benefit,
and for that of your family. You are the one responsible for your health.
You must educate yourself in order to make decisions in
matters. My views and advises are not intended to be a substitute for
conventional medicine, but simply a help you to make educated changes
in order to help your body heal itself.
If you have a medical condition or concern you should consult your physician.